Thursday, April 16, 2015

Featured Shop: Sirius Fun

This week we sat down with Sheila from Sirius Fun and got to know her and her shop.

Can you tell us a little about yourself and what you create? I am Sheila and work on my Etsy shop full time. I live in Northern Minnesota 2.5 to 4 hours away from any urban center! I have a
husband, a dog and 4 cats, two grown daughters and 6 grandchildren I make gift tags, bookmarks, jewelry, flat cards and hair accessories and am working on creating magnets and coasters for the shop ! Although I love beading and beads most of all, I love to learn new techniques and to work with different mediums so will probably always try crafting new things!!

How did you come about wanting to open a shop on Etsy? I decided to open a shop on Etsy in 2009 to try to sell some of the 400 pairs of earrings I had created over a six month time period when I was extremely stressed out at my day job. My youngest daughter is an artist with a shop on Etsy and she encouraged me to try it! 


What do you like to do in your free time when your not working on your etsy shop? Free Time? Well I do Etsy related work on the computer I would guess between 10 to 14 hours a day to promote on Etsy and Social Media. However I do enjoy reading, watching movies and TV and a little bit of traveling if possible! I also scrapbook when I can as I have thousands of pictures!!!

What is your most popular product you sell? Well I don't have one most popular product but I have sold quite a few of my retro recipe cards in recent months! They make a fun gift for any occasion!!

How long have you been practicing your craft or art? I have been creating my whole life and was surrounded by creative people growing up!! I have at various times done embroidery, counted cross stitch, crochet, knitting, sewing, candle making, and needlepoint, Now I mainly work with beads and paper products and would very much love to learn how to do fused glass and dichroic glass!!


Where can we find your merchandise online? I sell exclusively
online at: Etsy

What social media sites of yours can we follow? I can be found at:KeepBestiePinterest and Wanelo

8 comments:

  1. One of my favorite shops. Great items and an even greater store owner. So glad you're on our team, Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Marcia!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Marcia and Kim!! And thank you Kelleen for the lovely feature!!!

      Delete
    3. Thanks for stopping by Sheila!

      Delete
  2. I've purchased from Sheila and love her shop Sirius Fun! Lots of really fun jewelry, gift tags and other fun stuff.
    Great interview. I really enjoy seeing all the different shop features. =0)

    ReplyDelete