Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Featured Shop: 200 Cups Of Lemonade

This week we sat down with Heather from 200 Cups Of Lemonade and got to know her and her shop.

Can you tell us a little about yourself and what you create? I love Jesus and I love my family. My gift of creating and making art is from God and I want to use this gift to glorify him. My life is all about doing this in everything I do. Making beautiful art that
tells an important story is my privilege and one of my ways of shining for him.

How did you come about wanting to open a shop on Etsy? I have wanted a shop on Etsy for about 3-4 years, and I am so glad that I am blessed to be able to do it now. I was first interested because a friend of mine that sells also in a local gallery told me of her shop on Etsy. She said that she could show me how to do it and about a year ago, I finally took her up on her offer to teach me the basics. I loved that you could reach so many people with this
venue and that it was affordable to do so.

What do you like to do in your free time when your not working on your Etsy shop? My free time is spent with family and friends, being involved in my church, gardening watching inspiring movies. I do love to travel, but am not able to do much at this time.

What is your  most popular product you sell? Cards are by far the most popular product I sell to friends and family and at local stores. I have not yet had my first sale on Etsy, so we will see about what will be popular to sell on her soon I hope.

How long have you been practicing your craft or art? I have been an artist all of my l ife. I received some more good instruction outside my childhood home, which was rich in creativity and skill, in middle school, high school, and college. I have a studio art minor in painting and ceramics from Western
Oregon University. I have taught art, as well as crafts at many schools camps and also at Job Corps Center in the Recreation Department. I have been more seriously making art and showing it for the past 13 yrs. I have had pieces selected for more then 9 juried shows and I have had 3 solo shows during that time. I have had my cards at various local stores over the years, and currently have some at a local bookstore.

Where can we find your merchandise online? Only on Etsy for
now.

What social media sites of yours can we follow? Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment