Monday, July 27, 2015

Featured Shop: The Harmony Collection

This week we sat down with Susan from The Harmony Collection and got to know her and her shop.

Can you tell us a little about yourself and what you create? I learned to knit for my grandma when I was young. I knitted things off and on throughout my marriage, and several years ago started up again. I also make quilts and went through a jewelry making phase. I seem to need to be doing something with my hands whenever I sit down.

How did you come about wanting to open a shop on Etsy? I opened an Etsy shop a couple of years ago, but really started to post and sell a little over a year ago. I'd moved to a more expensive area, and needed to make money to help pay the higher rent. Also, it seamed so silly to have boxes of stuff I'd make just sitting in closets!

What do you like to do in your free time when you are not working on your Etsy shop? These days, I find that I'm working on my Etsy shop most of the day, everyday. I retired in 2006, but I'm working more now then ever! But it's doing something I enjoy, and I'm the boss now. In my "free time", I like to spend time with my daughter who lives nearby, and I help out with her horses most days. And I'm a lifelong avid reader!

What is your most popular product you sell?

The thing that I sell the most is hand knit hats. And I love making them. I usually create my own patterns and love working with color. I make only One of a Kind items.

How long have you been practicing your craft or art?
As I said, I've been knitting and sewing since I was in Jr. High school. When I was raising my girls, I sewed a lot, made most of their clothes until they started wearing only jeans and t-shirts.

Where can we find your Merchandise online?
Etsy- The Harmony Collection


What social media sites of yours can we follow? Pinterest- pitts0001

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful shop. I love your work. You have great gifts in your shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Cindy! Yes, Susan has great items in her shop!

      Delete
  2. Shared on Tweeter, Pinterest and Goggle

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing shop! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Tisha! Yes, this is an amazing shop!

      Delete
  4. Such a great shop. Lots of fantastic items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Susan! Yes, this is a great shop!

      Delete